4-17. ASPSU - Test (Cont)
3. Destructive test procedures (Cont).
c. Testing (Cont).
The following step activates the thermal battery which will supply power to the ASPSU for only
116 seconds. Step 7 below must be accomplished within 115 seconds after arming the ASPSU.
(6) Place the ASPSU ARM switch in the up position. Verify that the arming cable has been pulled out from the
ASPSU approximately 1 inch.
(7) Place the ALT. DECR. switch (7) in the up
(8) Observe altimeter as it approaches the
firing altitude of the specified drop zone and note when
the ASPSU fires.
(9) If cutter fails to fire, report failure to the
GO TO NEXT PAGE