4-21. G-12E -SERVICE (Cont)
12. Stowing the suspension lines, center line, and risers (cont).
c. Preparation for stowing lines.
(1) Lay the deployment bag flat on the floor, exposing the suspension line retaining strap loops.
(2) Using the two cluster attaching straps, at the bottom of the bag, temporarily secure the suspension line stowage
flap. Tie each strap with a half hitch.
(3) Cut a minimum of twenty-four 18-inch lengths of webbing (Item 9, Appendix D), with your rigger's knife, for use
as suspension line stow ties.
(4) Secure three each webbing to each loop on the suspension line stowage panel by making a girth-hitch.
(5) Insure that the ends of each webbing length are alined and positioned toward the outer edges of the bag.
d. Stowing lines and risers.
(1) Position the suspension lines and center line from the left locking stow to the first loop at the upper right corner
of the stowage flap.
(2) Form the first line stow by making and S-fold in the lines at the edge of the line stowage flap.
(3) Secure with the first length of webbing making a surgeon's knot and a locking knot.
The outer edges of the line stows must be alined with the outside edges of the stowage flap.
GO TO NEXT PAGE