C-4. Special Information. In the parts list, some items are indented to show that they are a component or components
of the item under which they are indented.
C-5. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Unknown:
(1) First. Find the illustration covering the functional group to which the item belongs.
(2) Second. Identify the item on the illustration and note the illustration figure and item number of the item.
(3) Third. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is A Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National
stock number or part number. This index is in ascending NIIN sequence followed by a list of part numbers
in alphanumeric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and item number in the repair parts list.
C-6. Abbreviations. Not Applicable.