TM 10-1670-268-20&P 0012 00
1. Remove dirt, grease, and foreign material, using plain water or a solution of detergent and water.
Rinse with clean water.
2. Wipe dry with clean cloth.
3. Remove burrs by filing.
4. Remove corrosion with a wire brush.
Inspect for wear, cracks, excessive corrosion, bends and bows.
Replace parts that show any of the defects identified in INSPECTION above.
Install side rail as follows:
(Refer to illustration on following page.)
1. Select side rail (1) the same length as the platform.
2. Position side rail (1) along side of platform, overlapping roller pad.
Do not hammer bolts to start them when attaching the side rail.
3. Install the side rail/out board roller pad bolts (2) and flat washers (3). Start each bolt two or three
turns by hand, and then using either a 9/16-inch wrench or socket tighten to within one-quarter inch.
When replacing the side rail for the type V platform, refer to the
specific rigging manual for the placement of the suspension bracket
assembly. For tandem link assemblies, omit the last three side rail
bushings on each end of side rail.
When replacing the side rail for the dual row platform, install side
rail bolts, washers and bushings in holes 1-30 ONLY at this time.
This allows for the installation of the outrigger link at a later time.