TM 10-1670-268-20&P 0013 00
1. Remove dirt, grease, and foreign material, using clean, warm water or a solution of dishwashing
compound and water.
2. Rinse with clean water.
3. Wipe dry with clean cloth.
4. Remove burrs by filing.
5. Remove corrosion with a wire brush.
Inspect for wear, cracks, excessive corrosion, bends and bows.
1. Replace parts that show any of the defects identified in INSPECTION above.
2. Replace roller pad if punctures or torn areas exceed 2-inches in diameter.
3. Replace roller pad if any torn areas protrude downward.
Install roller pad as follows:
1. Position the roller pad (3) on platform with angled end (nose skid) forward.
2. Install bolts (1) and flat washers (2).
3. Use a punch to align bolt-holes in roller pad with floating nuts along edges of panels.
4. Start bolts two or three turns by hand. Using either a 9/16-inch wrench or socket, tighten to within ¼-
5. For inboard roller pads, fully tighten all bolts.
6. For outboard roller pads, fully tighten the inboard edge of the outboard roller pad.
7. To complete the installation of the outboard roller pad and retightening of the side rail, refer to WP