TM 10-1670-268-20&P 0016 00
5. Remove Link as follows:
a. Using a ¾-inch socket or wrench, remove side rail bolts (numbers 31-36), washers and spacers.
b. Slide link from platform end, using a pry-bar if necessary to open the groove between the
platform rail and platform panel end fitting.
c. Replace side rail bolts, washers and spacers. Using a ¾-inch socket or wrench, re-tighten side
rail bolts (numbers 27-36).
d. Repeat steps 1. through 5. for opposite outrigger assembly.
1. Remove dirt, grease, and foreign material, using clean, warm water or a solution of dishwashing
compound and water.
2. Rinse with clean water.
3. Wipe dry with clean cloth.
4. Remove burrs by filing.
5. Remove corrosion with a wire brush.
Inspect for wear, cracks, excessive corrosion, bends, deformation and bows.
1. Replace parts that show any of the defects identified in INSPECTION above.
2. Specified maintenance procedures for the mast assembly are as follows:
a. Replace Handle.
(1) Using a ¼-inch allen wrench, remove the two cap head screws securing the mast handle to
the mast and remove handle. Discard damaged parts.
(2) Reposition handle components and thread the two cap screws into the mast and secure
using a ¼-inch allen wrench.
b. Replace Eyebolt.
(1) Using a 9/16-inch wrench or socket to secure the eyebolt nut, position a pry bar through the
eyebolt to gain the leverage needed to remove the nut.
SIDE RAIL BOLTS REMOVED