TM 10-1670-268-20&P 0017 00
TYPE V AND DUAL ROW AIRDROP PLATFORM
PREPARATION FOR STORAGE
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
General Storage Requirements
Specific Storage Requirements
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
General Safety Instructions:
Observe all warnings and cautions.
Administrative storage of the type V and dual row airdrop platform will be accomplished in accordance
with AR 750-1, and the instructions furnished below.
GENERAL STORAGE REQUIREMENTS
To ensure that serviceability standards of stored airdrop equipment are maintained, every effort will be
extended to adhere to the following storage requirements:
1. When available, a heated building should be used, however, type V and dual row airdrop platform
may be stored outside in all types of weather if indoors storage is unavailable. Stack the different
size type V platforms in such a way that the shorter platforms are on top of the larger platforms.
2. Airdrop platforms should be stored in a dry, well-ventilated location and protected from pilferage and
3. Airdrop platforms will not be stored in a manner, which would interfere with light fixtures, heat vents,
and fire fighting devices.
4. Airdrop platforms will not be stored in damaged facilities or dirty conditions.
5. All stored platforms will be marked, segregated, and located for accessibility and easy identification.
6. Storage will be accommodated using dunnage to provide airspace between the storage area floor
and the equipment.
7. All available materials handling equipment (MHE) should be used as much as possible in the
handling of the airdrop platforms.
8. Conversion of available space, proper housekeeping policies, and strict adherence to all safety
regulations will be practiced at all times.