TM 10-1670-268-20&P 0002 00
TYPE V AND DUAL ROW AIRDROP PLATFORM
EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION AND DATA
EQUIPMENT CHARACTERISTICS, CAPABILITIES, AND FEATURES
A summary of the characteristics, capabilities and features of the equipment is contained in the following
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE TYPE V AIRDROP PLATFORM
1. Can be assembled into seven lengths in 4-foot increments from 8-feet to 32-feet.
2. Insures efficient use of the airdrop system and aircraft cargo space.
3. Provides a low platform height.
4. Permits assembly and disassembly by appropriate personnel without special training or special tools.
5. Requires limited maintenance support.
CAPABILITIES OF THE TYPE V AIRDROP PLATFORM
1. Airdrop of supplies and equipment for which there is a requirement.
2. Can be used as the point of attachment for the extraction system.
3. Capable of keeping damages resulting from roller conveyor system and airdrop to a reasonably low
4. Roller pads match the roller system in Air Force cargo aircraft such as the C-130, C-141, C-5, and
the C-17; associates with Materials Handling Equipment (MHE).
5. Maximum load restraint.
6. Can be used in low-velocity parachute recovery systems.
7. Can be used on terrain of various conditions suitable for airdrop.
FEATURES OF THE TYPE V AIRDROP PLATFORM
1. A single, universal platform, suitable for entire weight range of 2,500 to 42,000-pounds.
2. High reuse rate for the life of the platform.
3. Smooth, continuous surface interface with cargo aircraft roller systems.
4. High strength tie-down rings for improved restraint of cargo.
5. High strength, side rail tie down clevis.
6. Direct platform extraction.
7. Platform suspension