1. Remove dirt, grease, and foreign material, using clean, warm water or a solution of dishwashing
compound and warm water. Rinse with clean water.
2. Wipe dry with clean cloth.
3. Remove burrs by filing.
4. Remove corrosion with wire brush.
Inspect for wear, cracks, excessive corrosion, bends and deformation.
Replace parts that show any of the defects identified in INSPECTION above.
(Refer to illustration on the following page.)
Outside bracket (2) can be identified by an arrow pointing forward
stenciled on outer side.
Brackets (1) and (2) must be installed on the left side rail only.
1. Positions inside bracket (1) and outside bracket (2) on the platform. Use a punch to align bracket
bolt-holes with the matching side rail platform holes.
2. Secure inside bracket (1) and outside bracket (2) to platform utilizing 2-hex head bolts (5), 4-flat
washers (4), and 2-self-locking nuts (3) from outside to inside.
3. Start bolts two or three turns by hand.
4. Using two 9/16-inch wrenches, fully tighten EFTA brackets to side rail.
END OF WORK PACKAGE