8. Pass the two pull-up cords through the grommets of the upper canopy-staging flap. To prevent the
canopy from slipping; place your hand under the staging flap and while applying downward pressure,
pull the closing lops up through the grommets, insuring both pull-up cords and staging flaps go over
the apex sock.
Curved pins shall be positioned right to left so that the loop is in the
middle of the pin, and the pin moves freely.
9. Locate the two curved pins on the bridle. Starting with the pin closest to the apex sock, secure the
corresponding locking loop with the curved pin. Secure the second loop with the remaining pin.
Failure to remove the pull-up cords may cause a parachute
malfunction resulting in severe injury or death.
10. Remove the two pull-up cords and set aside.
11. Place a packing weight on the center of the folded canopy and extend all flaps.
12. Perform a rigger check (6th).
STOWING THE BRIDLE AND PILOT CHUTE
The folded pilot chute is positioned on top of the compressed ejector spring and pack is prepared to close