d. If applicable, restencil informational data or identification marks as outlined in WP 0004 00 and
WP 0016 00.
Components of the parachute assembly, except the canopy, made from textile materials that have
sustained cut or tear damage may be repaired by zig-zag sewing provided the applicable damaged area
does not have any material missing and the cut or tear is straight or L-shaped (refer to table 1 and 2).
Should the damaged area be irregular shaped or have material missing, the repair will be achieved by
either darning or patching, as required. A zig-zag sewing repair will be accomplished with a zig-zag
sewing machine, using the following procedures:
1. Set the sewing machine to the maximum stitch width.
2. Beginning at a point ¼-inch beyond one end of the cut or tear, stitch lengthwise along the damaged
area to a point ¼-inch beyond the opposite end of the cut or tear.
3. The sited stitching procedure will also apply to an L-shaped cut or tear.
4. If applicable, restencil informational data or identification marks as prescribed in WP 0016 00.
Patching procedure used to repair holes, which cannot be darned.
1. Parachute Canopy-patching Limitations. The following is a list of patching limitations for the
The limitations prescribed for parachute canopy patching will be
stringently adhered to under all circumstances and without any