DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
24-FOOT DIAMETER TROOP CHEST RESERVE (T-10R) PARACHUTE AND THE MIRPS
THIS SECTION COVERS:
Knife (Item 14, WP 0044 00)
Knife, Hot Metal (Item 15, WP 0044 00)
Sewing Machine, Light-Duty (Item 39, WP 0044 00)
Sewing Machine, Light-Duty, Zig-zag (Item 40, WP 0044 00)
Shears (Item 43, WP 0044 00)
Yardstick (Item 45, WP 0044 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Items 39/40, WP 0057 00)
Webbing, Nylon, Type I (Item 53, WP 0057 00)
Unpacked, canopy laid flat.
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
If V-tab requires replacement, proceed as follows:
1. Position the canopy assembly on a repair table or other repair surface and turn the inside of the lower
lateral band to the outside to place the damaged V-tab facing up.
2. Using an authorized marking aid of contrasting color, mark the suspension line, which is contained
within the damaged V-tab at the point where the line intersects the lower edge of the lower lateral
3. Remove the damaged V-tab from the canopy by cutting the stitching securing the V-tab to the lower
lateral band and the suspension line.
4. Using nylon webbing, type I, cut a 5-inch length of material on a 45-degree bias and sear the ends.
5. Center the material lengthwise under the application suspension line, placing the upper edge of the
material immediately adjacent to the lower edge of the lower lateral band.
6. Working form opposite directions, pass each end of the material length over the top of the suspension
line. Draw the ends snug to develop a tight wrap around the line and to form a V-shaped design on
the lower lateral band inside.
7. Secure each of the replacement V-tab to the lower lateral band inside with temporary tacking. The
temporary tacking will be made using the procedures in WP 0014 00. Position the V-tab ends even
with the upper edge of the lower lateral.
Illustration, Inside View