2. Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located.
3. Item column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent Fig.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
Part Number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit
of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9, and each following letter or digit
in like order).
1. CAGEC column. The Commercial and Government Entity Code is a 5-digit numeric code used to
identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
2. Part number column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity) that controls the design and characteristics of the item by means
of its engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item
or range of items.
3. Stock number column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the part number and CAGEC columns to the left.
4. Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located.
5. Item column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS
When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
1. First. Using the table of contents, determine the functional group or sub-functional group to which the
item belongs. This is necessary since the figures are prepared for functional groups and sub-
functional groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
2. Second. Find the item on the figure covering the functional group or sub-functional group to which the
3. Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number of the item.
4. Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the line item entry for the item number
noted on the figure.