4. Ensure the running ends are routed over that part of the lacing length located along the log record
DAY MO. YR.
AND REPACK DATA
5. Complete the attaching tie by making a half hitch on top of the slip loop made in step 2., above.
6. Thread one running end of the log record attachment tie in a tacking needle and pass the tacking
needle with attached lacing end through the edge of the applicable parachute log record/inspection
7. Remove the lacing end from the tacking needle and make a finished 10-inch log record attaching loop
by securing the two lacing ends together with an overhand knot.
8. Insert the log record into the pocket and secure the record within the pocket using the pocket flap and
applicable type flap fastener.
Accomplishing a Log Record. Upon completion of the first technical/rigger-type inspection, the
individual performing the inspection will initially prepare a log record for an individual parachute and
accomplish subsequent record entries using the following procedures: