ARMY TM 10-1670-271-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 14D1-2-464-2
MARINE CORPS TM 01136B-23&P/1
2-21. Vent Lines.
This task covers:
Knife, Item 13, Appendix B
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
Knife, Hot Metal, Item 14, Appendix B
Zig-zag Sewing Machine (Table 2-2)
Unpacked, canopy in proper layout.
Cord, Nylon, Type II, Item 14, Appendix D
Thread, Nylon, Natural, Item 50,
Group No. 01, MAC, Section II, Appendix B
Repair of the vent line is accomplished at the Intermediate (DS)
Maintenance level in accordance with the Maintenance Allocation Chart
a. Repair. Repair vent lines requiring restitching, as follows.
(1) Use a zig-zag sewing machine to restitch any loose or broken stitches.
(2) Restitch over the original stitch pattern using nylon thread, size E. Overstitch 1/2 inch to lock
b. Replace. Replace missing or damaged vent lines as follows:
(1) Place canopy in proper layout on table and trace damaged vent line across apex from upper lateral
band to upper lateral band.
(2) Remove damaged vent line by cutting stitching that holds line to canopy at both sides of apex.
(3) Cut a 27-inch length of type II, nylon cord. Sear or dip ends of cord.
(4) Position one end of new vent line In exact location formerly occupied by end of old line (figure 2-79).
Measuring from the outside edge of the upper lateral band, the vent line
should extend 4 inches into the radial seam.