ARMY TM 10-1670-271-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 14D1-2-464-2
MARINE CORPS TM 01136B-23&P/1
2-22. Upper Lateral Band (CONT).
c. Damage Extending Into Radial Seam. Repair as follows:
(1) Cut stitching of apex/vent line attached to damaged radial seam and the stitching of the two
apex/vent lines on each side of damaged seam. Move lines to one side.
(2) Invert apex and smooth canopy around damaged area.
(3) Cut a piece of 1-inch tubular nylon webbing long enough to extend 1 inch beyond outside edge of
second radial seam on each side of damaged area. Sear or dip ends of webbing.
(4) Position webbing on damaged area Use a medium duty sewing machine and size E nylon thread to
stitch. Sew webbing In place with four continuous rows of stitching, 7 to 11 stitches per inch.
Overstitch ends of webbing 2 inches (B, figure 2-80).
(5) Reposition apex/vent lines and sew in place according to original construction.