ARMY TM 10-1670-271-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 14D1-2-464-2
MARINE CORPS TM 01136B-23&P/1
2-29. Suspension Line.
This task covers:
Knife, Item 13, Appendix B
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
Knife, Hot Metal, Item 14, Appendix B
Pot, Melting, Electric, Item 22,
Sewing Machine, Medium-Duty, Zig-zag,
Unpacked, lying flat on repair table.
Group No 01, MAC, Appendix B,
Cord, Nylon, Type II, Item 14, Appendix D
Thread, Nylon, Size E, Item 50/51,
a. Repair. Stitch and restitch, using zig-zag pattern, 7-11 stitches per inch, with nylon thread, size E,
which is contrasting in color to the material. Restitch over the original pattern.
Replacement of the suspension line is done at the intermediate (DS) level as
outlined in the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC), Appendix B.
b. Replacement. Replace a suspension line as follows.
(1) Place canopy in proper layout on repair table or repair surface, and apply partial tension to
(2) Trace damaged suspension line from canopy skirt to link assembly.
(3) Cut stitching that holds line to canopy skirt and V-tab. Do not remove V-tab unless it is damaged.
Cut stitching that holds line to connector link and remove line. Cut stitching that holds anti-inversion
net to suspension line.
(4) Cut a sufficient length of type II nylon cord to allow sewing through the V-tab and tying and sewing at
the connector link. Sear or dip one end of cord in wax
(5) Pass seared end of new cord up through V-tab. Position seared end in exact location formerly
occupied by old line, and sew In place according to details shown in figure 2-95, using a zig-zag
sewing machine, size E nylon thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch. Start sewing 1/4 inch below the V-
(6) Hold adjacent line and new line tightly together at lower lateral band, and trace both lines from
canopy skirt to link assembly under equal tension. Mark new line at point even with inside edge of
link. Apply equal tension to both lines and check correctness of marking.