ARMY TM 10-1670-271-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 14D1-2-464-2
MARINE CORPS TM 01136B-23&P/1
2-33. Harness Assembly.
This task covers:
Knife, Item 13, Appendix B
Webbing, Nylon, Type 1, 9/16 inch wide,
Sewing Machine, Medium Duty (Table 2-2)
Item 64, Appendix D
Sewing Machine, Light Duty (Table 2-2)
Webbing, Nylon, Type III, Item 65,
Sewing Machine, Heavy Duty (Table 2-2)
Shears, Item 28, Appendix B
Webbing, Nylon, Type XIII, Item 68,
Tool Kit, Canopy Release, Item 30,
Webbing, Elastic, 1 inch wide, Item 61,
Cloth, Duck Nylon, Type Ill, Item 9,
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
Felt, Type I, 3/16 inch thick, Item 19,
Kit, Canopy Release, Item 23, Appendix D
Rubber, Cellular, 112 Inch thick,
Harness clean, Inspected with defects recorded.
Item 34, Appendix D
Tape, Nylon, Type III, 1 inch wide,
Item 45, Appendix D
Thread, Nylon Size E, Item 50/51,
Group No 04, MAC, Appendix B,
Thread, Nylon, Size 6, Item 56, Appendix D
a. Repair. The following repairs may be made to the harness assembly.
(1) Handtacking. Hand tack loose or broken tacking according to original construction.
(2) Restenciling. Restencil harness as necessary according to instructions In para 2-19.
(3) Repainting canopy release. Replace chipped paint on female fitting of canopy release with red
(4) Restitching. Restitch with thread that matches the size and color of the original stitching. Lock all
straight stitching by back stitching at least 1/2 inch. Restitch directly over the original stitching, following the
original stitch pattern as closely as possible.
b. Replacement. Replace components of harness assembly in accordance with the following
(1) Elastic retainer webbing. Replace as follows:
(a) Cut damaged retainer and remove from harness.