ARMY TM 10-1670-271-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 14D1-2-464-2
MARINE CORPS TM 01136B-23&P/1
C-3. Explanation Of Columns (Section II) (CONT).
L - Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity
A - Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g.,
precious metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to
appropriate manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. FSCM (Column (3)). The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code
which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency etc., that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer, (individual,
company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item
by means of its engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item
or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a
different part number from the number listed.
e. Description and Usable on Code (UOC) (Column (5). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry, (insert
applicable physical security classification abbreviation, e.g., Phy Sec CI (C)-Confidential, Phy Sec CI
(S)-Secret, Phy Sec CI (T)-Top-Secret).
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled
item line entry.
(5) Part numbers of bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers
are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (reference paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List Section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipment
supported exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased