ARMY TM 10-1670-271-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 14D1-2-464-2
MARINE CORPS TM 01136B-23&P/1
accompany the item In the transfer action. A prepared log record will not be removed or separated from a
parachute, and especially a packed parachute, except as directed by the local air delivery equipment
maintenance activity officer. A log record which is illegible, lost, damaged, soiled, or precludes further entries
due to lack of space will be replaced upon the next repack or Inspection, as applicable, with a serviceable item
f. Installing Attaching Tie. Install attaching tie as follows:
(1) Cut a 30-inch length of ticket No. 6 waxed nylon thread and double the thread length.
(2) Pass the looped end of the doubled thread length around the centerfold of the log record and form a
slip loop on the outside at the log record top (A, figure 2-1).
Figure 2-1. Installing Attachment Tie on Parachute Log Record.
(3) Pass the thread length running ends through the corner attaching hole from the front cover of the log
record (B, figure 2-1) and insure the running ends are routed over that part of the thread length
located along the log record centerfold (C, figure 2-1).
(4) Complete the attachment tie by making a half hitch on top of the slip loop made in (2) above.
(5) Thread one running end of the log record attachment tie In a tacking needle and pass the tacking
needle with attached thread end through the edge binding of the applicable parachute log
record/inspection data pocket.