ARMY TM 10-1670-271-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 14D1-2-464-2
MARINE CORPS TM 01136B-23&P/1
e. Drying Fabric Items. Dry fabric Items as follows:
(1) Suspend or elevate the Item in a well-ventilated room or in a heated drying room.
(2) Drying time may be reduced by using electric circulating fans.
(3) When heat is used, the heat temperature shall not exceed 160°F (71°C) The preferred temperature
is 140°F (60°C).
f. Cleaning Metal Items. Clean metal items as follows:
Use care not to damage the adjacent fabric materials.
(1) Remove burrs, rough spots, rust or corrosion from metal items by filing with a metal file or by buffing
and polishing with abrasive cloth.
Use tetrachloroethylene only in areas where substantial ventilation is provided.
Repeated or prolonged inhalation can be detrimental to human health. Avoid
prolonged or repeated contact with skin areas. Tetrachloroethylene must not be
(2) Remove all oils and filings by brushing and dipping In tetrachloroethylene. Allow to dry.
Shield adjacent fabric material before spraying solid film lubricant.
(3) Spray metal items with a solid film lubricant and allow to air dry for 24 hours
A small amount of lubricant will not damage fabric, but may cause discoloration
and make fabric appear soiled.