TM 10-1670-272-23&P 0011 00
(3) Slide the 2-inch buffer loop over the top of the 15-foot static line.
e. Attach the snap hook to the USL 15-foot configuration:
(1) Position the snap hook so the opening is facing outward; lay the static line flat; ensure the
green ID marking thread is on top, also ensure the green ID marking thread is on the outside
of the 3 ½-inch loop.
(2) Pass the 3½-inch loop end of the static line through the opening in the base of the snap hook,
from the bottom to the top. Pass the top of the snap hook through the static line loop.
(3) Continue passing the snap hook through the static line loop; pull the excess static line back
through the opening in the base of the snap hook until the loop is past the snap hook opening.
(4) Turn the 3½-inch loop outward so the green ID marking thread is now on the inside.
(5) Slide the loop down to the bottom of the snap hook until the static line is fully seated in the
indents on the side of the snap hook, forming a taut girth-hitch. Ensure there are no twists in
the static line snap hook loop.
4. Stow the USL 15-foot configuration. Stow the USL 15-foot configuration in accordance with the
STOWING THE USL 15-FOOT STATIC LINE CONFIGURATION paragraph, above.
FOLDING THE HARNESS
For easier handling of the MC1-1B/MC1-1E parachute, after packing is completed, fold the harness as
1. Turn the pack over and place the kit bag on top of the pack tray; attach the chest-strap quick-ejector
snap to the adjusting V-ring.