TM 10-1670-272-23&P 0027 00
MC1-1B/MC1-1E TROOP BACK PARACHUTE ASSEMBLY
THIS TASK COVERS:
Knife (Item 13, WP 0044 00)
Knife, Hot, Metal (Item 14, WP 0044 00)
Pot, Melting, Electric (Item 24, WP 0044 00)
Sewing Machine, Zig-Zag (Table 1, WP 0012 00)
Shears (Item 28, WP 0044 00)
Control line bridle laid out on table.
92R(10) Parachute Rigger
Beeswax (Item 2, WP 0057 00)
Cord, Nylon, Type II (Item 14, WP 0057 00)
Dowel, Hardwood, 5/8-Inch, Dia. (Item 17,
WP 0056 00)
Reefing Ring (Item 34, WP 0057 00)
Tape, Masking, 1-IN. (Item 43, WP 0057 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Item 53/56, WP 0057 00)
Group No. 01, MAC (WP 0047 00)
Stitch and restitch with size E, nylon thread that is contrasting in color to the material. Restitch over the
Replace an unserviceable control line by fabricating as follows:
1. Place the canopy in proper layout on a repair surface and apply partial tension to the suspension lines.
2. Trace the applicable control line from the toggle to the control line bridle.
3. Remove the toggle from the control line bottom end.
4. Cut and remove the control line top end from the reefing ring through which the control line bridle
5. Cut a 28½-foot length of type II nylon cord for use as a control line and wax the ends.
6. Make a mark at a point 4½-inches from one of the cord length. Make a second mark at a point 1¼-
inches above the first mark.
7. Pass the marked end of the cord length through the original control line reefing ring located on the
control line bridle until the reefing ring is located between the two marks. Fold the cord length marked
end back and align the two marks.