TM 10-1670-272-23&P 0030 00
(5) Stitch the static line in place with a 4-inch static line stitch formation; use a heavy-duty
sewing machine, size 6, nylon thread, and 5 to 8 stitches per inch.
The finished length of static line will be between 14-feet, 5¾-inches
and 14-feet, 9¾-inches.
(6) Fabricate and attach a new safety pin and lanyard in accordance with instructions listed in the
REPAIR procedure, above.
(7) Remove an unserviceable deployment bag and replace it with a serviceable one from stock.
11. Standard Static line extension.
a. Repair. Repair the static line extension safety pin and lanyard as follows:
(1) Remove damaged lanyard or safety pin by cutting lanyard or untying knots that secure lanyard
to pack and safety pin.
(2) Cut a 5-inch length of 0.080-inch diameter, corrosion resistant, steel wire and construct a new
safety pin as shown, above, in this WP.