TM 10-1670-272-23&P 0032 00
(4) Using the specifics in WP 0044 00, ascertain the size die and chuck required for installing
the fastener cap and socket, or stud and post, as applicable.
(5) Place the selected chuck in the open end of the holder and secure the chuck in place; use
the locking screw located on the one side of the holder. Place the appropriate die into the
(6) Fit the socket or stud, as applicable, on the chuck lower end. Place the cap or post, as
applicable, on the die with the barrel facing up.
(7) Position the material over the barrel of the cap or post. Ensure that the fastener socket or
stud will be located on the proper side of the material for subsequent fastener engagement.
(8) Place the socket or stud, on the barrel of the cap or post. With an applied strike from a
mallet, clinch the two snap fastener components to the material.
(9) Remove the clinched snap fastener components from the chuck and die set; check the
seating of the joined components. If the applicable components are not properly seated,
repeat the procedure from step (8), above.
(10) Check the engagement of the installed snap fastener components with the opposite mating
components; ensure the open and closed snapping process is accomplished without
hindrance. If the snap engaging process cannot be accomplished without difficulty, replace
the opposite mating snap fastener components using the procedures in steps (4) through (9),
(11) As required, remove the chuck and die from the applicable snap fastener tools by reversing
the procedure in step (5), above.