TM 10-1670-272-23&P 0036 00
DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
MC1-1B/MC1-1E TROOP BACK PARACHUTE ASSEMBLY
THIS TASK COVERS:
Unpacked. Canopy in proper layout.
Knife (Item 13, WP 0044 00)
Knife, Hot Metal (Item 14, WP 0044 00)
Shears (Item 28, WP 0044 00)
Zig-Zag Sewing Machine (Table 1, WP 0012 00)
92R(10) Parachute Rigger
Group No. 01, MAC (0047 00)
Cord, Nylon, Type II (Item 14, WP 0057 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Item 53/56, WP 0057 00)
Repair vent lines requiring restitching, as follows:
1. Use a zig-zag sewing machine to restitch any loose or broken stitches.
2. Restitch over the original stitch pattern using nylon thread, size E. Overstitch ½-inch to lock stitches.
Replace missing or damaged vent lines as follows:
1. Place canopy in proper layout on the table and trace the damaged vent line across the apex, from
2. Remove damaged vent line by cutting stitching that holds the line to the canopy at both sides of the
3. Cut a 27-inch length of type II, nylon cord. Sear or dip ends of cord.