TM 10-1670-272-23&P 0045 00
RECOVERABILITY CODE - Continued
APPLICATION/EXPLANATION - Continued
Repairable item. Condemnation and disposal
not authorized below Specialized Repair Activity
Item requires special handling or condemnation
procedures because of specific reasons (e.g.,
precious metal content, high dollar value, critical
material or hazardous material). Refer to
appropriate manuals/directives for specific
Column 3, CAGE Code. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric code
that is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, that supplies the item.
Column 4, Part Number. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may
have a different part number from the part ordered.
Column 5, Description and Usable on Code (UOC). This column includes the following information:
1. The Federal item name and, when repaired, a minimum description to identify the item.
2. The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry, (insert applicable
physical security classification abbreviation, e.g., Phy Sec CI (C) Confidential, Phy Sec CI (S) Secret,
Phy Sec CI (T) Top Secret.
3. Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
4. Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item
5. Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
6. When the item is not used will all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are
shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
7. The usable on code, when applicable (see the SPECIAL INFORMATION paragraph below).