ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
2-35. Attaching Loop (Deployment Bag).
This task covers:
Knife, Item 4, Appendix B
Inspected (paragraph 2-9)
Sewing Machine, Light Duty (Table 2-2)
Cleaned (paragraph 2-11)
Laid out on work table
Thread, Nylon, Size E, Item 29/30,
Group No. 0201, MAC, Section II,
Webbing, Cotton, Type II, 1-inch,
Item 37, Appendix D
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
(1) Stitching. Stitch and restitch with size E thread which matches the color of the original stitching,
when possible. Lock all straight stitching by backstitching at least 1/2 inch. Restitch by overstitching each end
of the stitch formation by 1/2 inch. Restitch directly over the original stitching, following the original stitch
pattern as closely as possible.
(2) Mark and restencil in accordance with paragraph 2-19.
b. Replacement. Replace a damaged attaching loop by fabricating as follows.
(1) Remove original attaching loop from bag inside by cutting and removing stitching securing loop.
(2) Cut an 8-inch length of 1-inch wide webbing and wax ends (para. 2-18).
(3) Fold webbing length according to original construction details and details in figure 2-75.
(4) Place folded webbing in original attaching loop location and secure webbing loop by stitching a 2-
7/8 inch-long three-point-WW-stitch formation according to details in figure 2-75. Stitching will be
made with a light duty sewing machine using size E nylon thread, at 7 to 11 stitches per inch.