ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
2-40. Static Line (cont).
Figure 2-81. Retaping Riser Clevis Attaching Loop.
b. Replacement. Replace an unserviceable static line by fabricating as follows:
(1) Remove riser clevis from clevis attaching loop and further remove static line length from attaching
loop on deployment bag. Retain riser clevis for further use, if serviceable.
(2) Cut a 192 1/2-inch length of 3/4-inch wide tubular nylon webbing and sear ends.
(3) Place a mark 14 inches from end and make a 7-inch long foldback on one end of the webbing length
(figure 2-82). Beginning at seared edge, secure foldback by stitching two 3/16-inch wide by 4-inch
long rows of double-throw zigzag stitching according to details in table 2-3. Stitching will be made
using specifics in table 2-3.
(4) On opposite end of webbing length, mark 11 inches from end and make a 5 1/2-inch long foldback.
Secure foldback using procedure in (3), above
(5) Using a 2 1/2-inch length of 1-inch wide, type I pressure-sensitive tape, serve the 1 1/2-inch long
loop with one and a half turns (see figure 2-81).
(6) Stencil part numbers 11-1-219 on static line webbing using procedures in paragraph 2-19.
(7) If required, reattach the static line to static line attaching loop on deployment bag as outlined in
(8) Install a serviceable riser clevis on 1 1/2-inch long clevis attaching loop according to original riser
clevis installation details.