ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
a. Inspection. If defects or damages are discovered during inspection of a parachute, the parachute
must be rigger-rolled and processed for maintenance in accordance with TM 10-1670-201-23 and TB 750-126.
A rigger-type inspection and a pack-in-process inspection must be performed in conjunction with each packing
of a parachute (refer to para. 2-13).
(1) Rigger-type inspection. Before each parachute is packed for air delivery, it must be given a rigger-
type inspection by the packer in accordance with para. 2-13.
(2) Pack-in-process inspection. A pack-in-process inspection must be performed by a designated
supervisory rigger, other than the packer, at six intervals during the packing procedure. The inspection is
performed to assure that the parachute Is packed according to authorized packing procedures (refer to para 2-
b. Orientation. Throughout this manual, all directions (right, left, upper, lower, top, bottom, clockwise,
and counterclockwise) are given from the rigger's view, as the rigger stands at the tension plate end of the
packing table facing the apex-hook end of the table (figure 2-8).
(1) Top, that portion of the equipment that is farthest from the packing table surface.
(2) Bottom, that portion of the equipment that is nearest to the packing table surface.
c. Preparing Parachute for Proper Layout. Prepare the parachute as follows:
(1) Place packing tools in convenient locations on the packing table. Lay the canopy assembly
lengthwise on the packing table, and attach the canopy to the packing table apex hook (figure 2-9).
(2) Attach bridal loop to apex fitting and elongate canopy (figure 2-13).
When inversion, turns, tangles and twist are present in the canopy
assembly, the proper sequence for removal to achieve proper layout is to
remove an inversion first, remove turns secondly, then remove tangles
and, finally, remove twist.
d. Removing Inversions.
(1) Canopy inversion. Check canopy vent lines to determine if canopy has been Inverted. Canopy is
Inverted when vent lines are located inside upper lateral band (figure 2-9). Remove Inversions as follows:
(a) Detach bridal loop from apex fitting and pass vent through canopy (figure 2-10).
(b) Pass vent out of canopy shirt, between two adjacent suspension lines (figure 2-10).