ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
This task covers: a. Repair b. Replace
Sewing Machine, Heavy Duty (Table 2-2)
Inspected (paragraph 2-9)
Cleaned (paragraph 2-12)
Unpacked, canopy laid flat
Thread, Nylon, Size 6, Item 33/34,
Webbing, Cotton, Type VIII, Item 38,
Group No. 0101, MAC, Section II,
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
a. Repair. Repair a bridle loop requiring restitching as follows.
(1) Use a heavy-duty sewing machine to restitch any loose or broken stitches.
(2) Restitch over original stitch pattern using nylon thread, size 6. Overstitch 1/2 inch to lock stitches.
b. Replace. Replace a damaged or missing bridle loop by fabricating as follows:
(1) Cut a 10-inch length of cotton webbing, type VIII, wax ends of webbing (para 2-18).
(2) Pass one end of webbing through all canopy vent lines. Join both webbing ends together with a 2-
inch overlap (figure 2-40)
(3) Begin at a point 1/4 inch from one overlapped webbing end. Use a heavy duty sewing machine to
secure overlapped ends. With nylon thread, size 6, stitch a 1-1/2 inch long, single-X box stitch, 5 to
8 stitches per inch.
(4) Cut and remove damaged bridle loop.