ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
2-22. Vent Lines.
This task covers: a. Repair b. Replace
Sewing Machine, Zig-Zag (Table 2-2)
Inspected (paragraph 2-9)
Cleaned (paragraph 2-12)
Unpacked, canopy in proper layout.
Cord, Nylon, Type II, Item 12, Appendix D
Thread, Nylon, Size E, Item 29/30,
Group No. 0102, MAC, Section II,
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
a. Repair. Repair vent lines requiring restitching, as follows:
(1) Use a zig-zag sewing machine to restitch any loose or broken stitches.
(2) Restitch over original stitch pattern using nylon thread, size E. Overstitch 112 inch to lock stitches.
b. Replace. Replace missing or damaged vent lines as follows:
(1) Place canopy in proper layout on table and trace damaged vent line from one end of original vent
line to other end. Using suitable marker, mark canopy at each end of vent line.
(2) Remove damaged vent line by cutting stitching that holds line to canopy at both sides of apex.
(3) Cut a 14-Inch length of type II, nylon cord. Sear or dip ends of cord (para. 2-18).
(4) Position one end of new vent line In exact location formerly occupied by end of old line (figure 2-41).
Measuring from the outside edge of the upper lateral band, the vent line should
extend 2 inches into radial seam.
(5) Using a zig-zag sewing machine and nylon thread, size E, stitch new line In place. Begin stitching
on line 1/4 inch above upper edge of vent reinforcement tape and sew to 1/4 Inch beyond end of
line, 7 to 11 stitches per Inch and 1/8 Inch wide (figure 2-41).