ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
2-28. Pocket Band.
This task covers:
Sewing Machine, Medium Duty, Zig-Zag
Inspected (paragraph 2-9)
Cleaned (paragraph 2-11)
Unpacked, laid flat on repair table
Thread, Nylon, Size E, Item 29/30,
Group No. 0108, MAC, Section II,
Tape, Nylon, Type III, 3/4 Inch, Item 25
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
a. Repair. Stitch and restitch (para. 2-17) with size E nylon thread which matches the color of the
original stitching, when possible. Lock all zig-zag stitching by overstitching at least 1/2 inch. Restitch directly
over the original stitching, following the original stitch pattern as closely as possible.
b. Replacement. Replace an unserviceable pocket band by fabricating as follows:
(1) Using a suitable marking aid, mark canopy at each end of original pocket band.
(2) Cut stitching on both ends of the original pocket band and remove pocket band from canopy skirt.
(3) Cut an 8inch length of 3/4-inch wide nylon tape, sear ends (para. 2-19).
(4) Position tape length in original pocket band location.
(5) Using a zig-zag sewing machine and size E nylon thread, secure each end of replacement pocket
band with a two-inch long, 114-inch wide row of stitching. Stitching will be 7 to 11 stitches per inch