ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
2.29. Suspension Line Attaching Loop.
This task covers:
Sewing Machine, Light Duty (Table 2-2)
Inspected (paragraph 2-9)
Sewing Machine, Medium Duty, Zig-Zag
Cleaned (paragraph 2-11)
Canopy laid out on repair table
Thread, Nylon, Size E, Item 29130,
Group No. 0109, MAC, Section II,
Tape, Nylon, Type III, 314 Inch Wide,
Item 25, Appendix D
43E(10), Parachute Rigger
a. Repair. Stitch and restitch (para. 2-17) with thread which matches the color of the original stitching,
when possible Lock all straight stitching by backstitching at least 112 inch. Restitch directly over the original
stitching, following the original stitch pattern as closely as possible.
Replacement of suspension line attaching loops is accomplished at the
Intermediate Maintenance level only, in accordance with the Maintenance
Allocation Chart (MAC), Appendix B.
b. Replace. A damaged suspension line attaching loop shall be replaced by fabricating as follows:
(1) Remove original suspension line attaching loop by cutting original radial tape at a point immediately
below lower edge of skirt reinforcement tape (lower lateral band).
(2) Cut a 19-inch length of 314-inch wide nylon tape and sear ends. Double tape and aline ends.
(3) Using a light duty sewing machine and size E nylon thread, stitch a single row of stitching 1/8 inch in
from each side along doubled tape length (figure 2-53). Stitching will be 7 to 11 stitches per inch.
(4) Using a suitable marking aid, mark doubled tape length at a point 3 inches from each end.
(5) Center doubled tape length in top loop of suspension line and aline both ends of tape above