ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
Figure 2-54. Suspension Line Splicing Details.
Replacement of suspension lines is accomplished at the Intermediate Maintenance
level only, in accordance with the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC), Appendix B.
b. Replacement. Replace unserviceable suspension line by fabricating as follows:
(1) Place canopy assembly In proper layout on an Inspection table.
(2) Apply partial tension to suspension lines and trace defective suspension line from the riser to
suspension line attaching loop at canopy skirt. Upon completion of line tracing, release line tension
(3) Remove original suspension line from canopy and applicable riser by cutting formed loop located on
each end of suspension line.
(4) Cut a 13-foot length of coreless nylon cord and taper-cut each end.
(5) Using a suitable marking aid, mark the cord at points 4-1/2, 6-1/2, and 11 inches from each end