ARMY TM 10-1670-276-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-29-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-29
2-33. Deployment Bag Attaching Loop.
This task covers:
Knife, Item 5, Appendix B
Inspected (paragraph 2-9)
Sewing Machine, Light Duty, Item 13, Appendix B
Cleaned (paragraph 2-12)
Pot, Melting, Item 11, Appendix B
Laid out on work table
Yardstick, Item 20, Appendix B
Beeswax, Item 2, Appendix D
Thread, Nylon, Size E, Items 33/34, Appendix D
Webbing, Cotton, Type II, 1-inch, Item 43,
Wax, Item 40, Appendix D
(1) Stitch and restitch with size E thread which matches the color of the original stitching, when possible. Lock
all straight stitching by backstitching at least 1/2 inch. Restitch by overstitching each end of the stitch
formation by 1/2 inch Restitch directly over the original stitching, following the original stitch pattern as
closely as possible.
(2) Mark and restencil in accordance with paragraph 2-19.
b. Replacement. Replace a damaged attaching loop by fabricating as follows.
(1) Remove original attaching loop from bag inside by cutting and removing stitching securing loop.
(2) Cut a 16 inch length of 1-inch wide cotton webbing and wax ends (para 2-18).
(3) Fold webbing length according to original construction details and figure 2-63.
(4) Place folded webbing in original attaching loop location and secure webbing loop by stitching a 2-7/8 inch-
long three-point-WW stitch formation according to details In figure 2-63. Stitching will be made with a light
duty sewing machine using size E nylon thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch.