ARMY TM 10-1670-276-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-29-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-29
(2) Part number column. indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm, corporation, or
Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering drawings,
specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to Identify an item or range of items.
(3) Stock number column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer identified in
the part number and FSCM columns to the left.
(4) Fig column. This column lists the number of the figure where the Item is identified/located in Section II and III.
(5) Item column. The Item number is that number assigned to the Item as it appears in the figure referenced in the
adjacent figure number column.
C-6. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents. determine the functional group or subfunctional group to which the item
belongs This is necessary since figures are prepared for functional groups and subfunctional groups, and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the functional group or subfunctional group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the items on the figure and note the Item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the line entry for the item number noted on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National Stock Number
or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see 4 a (1)) The part
numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see 4 b). Both indexes cross-
reference you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
'The NIIN consists of the last 9 digits of the NSN (i e,
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the Item is the one you're looking for, then locate
the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.