ARMY TM 10-1670-276-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-29-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-29
prepared log record will not be removed or separated from a parachute, and especially a packed parachute,
except as directed by the local air delivery equipment maintenance activity officer. A log record which Is illegible,
lost, damaged, soiled, or precludes further entries due to lack of space will be replaced upon the next repack or
Inspection, as applicable, with a serviceable item from stock.
Installing Attaching Tie Install attaching tie as follows:
(1) Cut a 30-inch length of size 8/7 waxed cotton thread (item 31, Appendix D) and double the thread length
to form a 15-inch length, double strand.
(2) Pass the looped end of the double thread length around the centerfold of the log record and form a slip
loop on the outside at the log record top (A, figure 2-1).
(3) Pass the thread length running ends through the corner attaching hole from the front cover of the log
record (B, figure 2-1) and ensure running ends are routed over that part of the thread length located along
the log record centerfold (C, figure 2-1).
(4) Complete the attachment tie by making a half hitch on top of the slip loop made in (2) above.
(5) Thread one running end of the log record attachment tie in a tacking needle and pass the tacking needle
with attached thread end through the edge binding of the applicable parachute log record/inspection data
(6) Remove the thread end from the tacking needle and make a finished 1 0-inch long log attaching loop by
securing the two thread ends together with an overhand knot.
(7) Insert log record Into the pocket and secure the record within pocket using the pocket flap and applicable
type flap fastener.