ARMY TM 10-1670-276-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-29-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-29
Riser Securing Ties.
(1) Position riser connector loops at a point immediately below open end of bag.
(2) Cut two 18-inch lengths of 1/4 inch wide Type I cotton webbing for use as tie material.
(3) Working In a counterclockwise direction, thread one 18-inch webbing length through the left bottom bag tie loop,
through the left riser connector loops and through the left top bag tie loop (figure 2-31).
(4) Working in a clockwise direction, thread second 18-inch length through right bottom bag tie loop, through right
riser connector loops and through right top bag loop.
Figure 2-31. Riser Securing Ties Positioned.
(5) Secure each tie installed in (3) and (4), above, with a surgeon's knot and a locking knot (figure 2-32). Ensure the
knots are located to the outside of the bag tie loops.
(6) Close suspension line protector flap over stowed suspension lines.
(7) Pass one running end of left riser securing tie through protector flap left tie loop and secure riser securing tie
running ends with a surgeon's knot and a locking knot Trim ends to 2 inches (figure 2-33).
(8) Secure protector flap right tie loop using procedures In (7) above.