ARMY TM 10-1670-276-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-29-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-29
2-21. Bridle Loop.
This task covers:
Sewing Machine, Heavy Duty, Item 15, Appendix B
Inspected (paragraph 2-9)
Cleaned (paragraph 2-12)
Unpacked, canopy laid flat
Thread, Nylon, Size 6, Item 38/39, Appendix D
Webbing, Cotton, Type VIII, Item 43, Appendix D
Repair. Repair a bndle loop requiring restitching as follows:
(1) Use a heavy-duty sewing machine to restitch any loose or broken stitches.
(2) Restitch over original stitch pattern using nylon thread, size 6 overstitch 1/2 Inch to lock stitches.
Replace. Replace a damaged or missing bridle loop by fabricating as follows:
(1) Cut a 10-lnch length of cotton webbing, type VIII Wax ends of webbing (para 2-18).
(2) Pass one end of webbing through all canopy vent lines Join both webbing ends together with a 2-inch overlap
(3) Begin at a point 1/4 Inch from one overlapped webbing end Use a heavy duty sewing machine to secure
overlapped ends With nylon thread, size 6, stitch a 1-1/2 Inch long, single-X box stitch, 5 to 8 stitches per inch.
(4) Cut and remove damaged bndle loop.
Figure 2-39. Bridle Loop Replacement Details.