ARMY TM 10-1670-276-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-29-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-29
2-29. Suspension Line Attaching Loop.
This tasks covers:
Knife, Item 5, Appendix B
Inspected (paragraph 2-9)
Knife, Hot Metal, Item 6, Appendix B
Cleaned (paragraph 2-12)
Sewing Machine, Light Duty, Item 13, Appendix B
Canopy laid out on repair table
Sewing Machine, Zig-Zag, Item 14, Appendix B
Yardstick, Item 20, Appendix B
Pencil, Marking Aid, Item 21/22, Appendix D
Thread, Nylon, Size E, Item 33/34, Appendix D
Tape, Nylon, Type III, 3/4 inch Wide, Item 28,
a. Repair. Stitch and restitch (para 2-17) with thread which matches the color of the original stitching, when
possible. Lock all straight stitching by backstitching at least 1/2 inch. Restitch directly over the original stitching,
following the original stitch pattern as closely as possible.
Replacement of suspension line attaching loops is accomplished at the Intermediate
(DS) Maintenance level only, in accordance with the Maintenance Allocation Chart
(MAC), Appendix B
b. Replace. A damaged suspension line attaching loop shall be replaced by fabricating as follows:
(1) Remove original suspension line attaching loop by cutting original radial tape at a point immediately below
lower edge of skirt reinforcement tape (lower lateral band).
(2) Cut a 19-inch length of 3/4-inch wide nylon tape and sear ends. Double tape and aline ends.
(3) Using a light duty sewing machine and size E nylon thread, stitch a single row of stitching 1/8 inch In from
each side along doubled tape length (figure 2-52). Stitching will be 7 to 11 stitches per inch.
(4) Using a suitable marking aid, mark doubled tape length at a point 3 inches from each end.
(5) Center doubled tape length In top loop of suspension line and aline both ends of tape above suspension line.
(6) Position one end of tape length under, and opposite end of tape length over, applicable radial tape and aline
two 3-inch marks made In (4), above, with lower edge of the skirt reinforcement tape to form a loop below