TM 10-1670-277-23&P 0016 00
28-FOOT DIAMETER CARGO EXTRACTION PARACHUTE
ATTACHMENT LOOP (BRIDLE LOOP)
THIS TASK COVERS:
Knife (Item 5, WP 0056 00)
Pot, Melting, Electric (Item 13, WP 0056 00)
Sewing Machine, Heavy-Duty (Item 20, WP 0056 00)
Shears (Item 24, WP 0056 00)
Yardstick (Item 26, WP 0056 00)
Marker, Felt-Tip, Black (Item 13, WP 0065 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size 3, OD (Item 25, WP 0065 00)
Webbing, Cotton, Type X, OD (Item 37, WP 0065 00)
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Cleaned (WP 0008 00).
Inspected (WP 0009 00).
Unpacked, canopy laid flat.
Repair an attachment loop requiring restitching as follows:
1. Use a heavy-duty sewing machine to restitch any loose or broken stitches.
2. Restitch over original stitch pattern using size 3, nylon thread. Overstitch ½-inch to lock stitches.
Replace a damaged or missing attachment loop as follows:
1. Cut a 20-inch length of type X cotton webbing.
2. Using a marking aid, mark webbing length at a point 5-inches from each end.
3. Between two 5-inch marks made in 2. above, roll ½-inch of each webbing into center of webbing width
and allow webbing edges to overlap. Secure overlapped webbing edges to webbing length by stitching a
single row of stitching along the center of webbing overlap and 1½-inches along each rolled edge beyond
point of edge overlap. Stitching will be 5 to 8 stitches per inch.