TM 10-1670-277-23&P 0037 00
28-FOOT DIAMETER CARGO EXTRACTION PARACHUTE
DEPLOYMENT BAG RETAINER BAND KEEPER REINFORCEMENT
THIS TASK COVERS:
Knife (Item 5, WP 0056 00)
Knife, Hot Metal (Item 6, WP 0056 00)
Sewing Machine, Medium-Duty (Item 22, WP 0056 00)
Shears (Item 24, WP 0056 00)
Yardstick (Item 26, WP 0056 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size FF (Item 32/33, WP 0065 00)
Webbing, Nylon, Type VIII, 123/32-IN. (Item 42, WP 0065 00)
WP 0012 00, WP 0013 00
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Cleaned (WP 0008 00).
Inspected (WP 0009 00).
Laid out on work table.
Stitch and restitch with size FF thread, which matches the color of the original stitching, when possible. Lock
all straight stitching by backstitching at least ½-inch. Restitch by overstitching each end of the stitch formation
by ½-inch. Restitch directly over the original stitching, following the original stitch pattern as closely as
possible. Stitch according to WP 0012 00 and Table 2, WP 0012 00, SEWING PROCEDURES.
Replace a damaged retainer band keeper reinforcement by fabricating as follows:
1. Remove portion of retainer band keeper that is secured to inside of suspension line stowage flap by
cutting applicable stitching.
2. Turn flap to locate flap outside facing up and cut stitching securing edge binding tape over end of
applicable damaged reinforcement. Cut stitching to a point 2 inches beyond each edge of reinforcement.
3. Cut a 221/8-inch length of 123/32-inch wide, type VIII nylon webbing and sear ends in accordance with WP
0013 00, SEARING AND WAXING.
4. Position webbing length over damaged reinforcement outside of suspension line stowage flap, ensure
one webbing end is aligned with original reinforcement end at outer edge of suspension line stowage
5. Fold loose edge binding back and secure webbing length over original reinforcement by stitching a box-
stitch formation, 1/8-inch in from each edge, full length of webbing. Stitching will be made in accordance
with WP 0012 00, SEWING PROCEDURES, using the specifics in Table 2.
6. Reposition flap edge binding in original location. Restitch binding according to WP 0012 00, SEWING
PROCEDURES, using the specifics in Table 2. Lock stitching ends by ¾-inch.