TM 10-1670-277-23&P 0051 00
1. Invert canopy and locate damaged gore.
2. Remove items that may interfere with gore panel replacement by cutting the stitching; lay items aside.
3. Smooth out and secure surrounding canopy material to table with pushpins. Ensure adjacent lateral and
radial seams are straight and damaged gore panel is not distorted.
4. Remove damaged gore panel by cutting material at a point ½-inch in from adjacent webbing or edge.
5. Cut remaining material diagonally at each corner. Fold each raw edge back by ½-inch. Pin and baste
(WP 0046 00, SEWING PROCEDURES) to complete area preparation. Remove pins after basting.
6. Cut a piece of nylon cloth 21/2-inches longer and 11/2-inches wider than original gore section.
7. Place cut material over damaged area. Using a suitable marking device, trace outline or original gore
section including width of radial webbing on each side of damaged area, width of lower lateral band, and
edge reinforcement webbing. Allow material to extend 1-inch beyond original gore section upper edge, 1-
1/2-inches below lower lateral band and edge reinforcement webbing, and ¾-inch beyond outside edge of
radial webbing. Trim excess material, as required.
8. On upper end of cut material, make a double ½-inch wide fold-under. Secure fold-under with a single row
of stitching sewn through fold-under center across width of material. Stitching will be 7 to 11 stitches per
9. Allow each side of replacement gore panel material to extend ¾-inch beyond outside edges of original
gore section radial tapes. Ensure ½-inch wide fold-under faces down. Temporarily secure replacement
gore section to original gore section upper edge with pushpins.
10. On each side of replacement gore panel, make a ¾-inch wide fold-under and align material folded edge
with outside edge of each of original gore section radial tapes. Temporarily secure each of side the fold-
unders with pushpins.
11. At lower end of replacement gore section, make a doubled ¾-inch wide fold-under and align lower edge
of fold with lower edge of lower lateral band. Temporarily secure fold-under with pushpins.
12. Baste edges of replacement gore section in accordance with WP 0046 00 and remove pushpins.
13. Using a light-duty sewing machine and size E, nylon thread, secure replacement gore section to original
gore panel radial webbing, and lower lateral band with two rows of stitching, using 7 to 11 stitches per
inch. Ensure lower edge of replacement gore panel does not extend beyond bottom of lower lateral band.
14. Remove basting. Re-invert canopy to outside.
15. Restore items removed in (2) above. Refer to applicable paragraph for detailed instruction.
END OF WORK PACKAGE