ARMY TM 10-1670-278-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-26-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-27
Figure 2-48. Suspension Line Numerical Sequence.
(21) Pull splicing aid and cord tapered end up inside cord casing until the 6and 8-inch marks are alined (see
(22) Hold alined marks together and pull splicing aid and cord tapered end up and to outside at 14-inch
(23) Remove line tapered end from splicing aid and while holding 6and 8-inch marks together, pull cord at a
point above the 14-inch mark to allow line tapered end to withdraw into cord casing.
(24) Beginning at 6and 8-inch marks working toward canopy, using a zig-zag sewing machine and size E
thread, secure formed loop by stitching a 1/8-inch wide, 3-inch-lonig row of double throw zig-7ag
stitching. stitching will be 7 to 11 stitches per inch.
(25) Trace replacement line from connector link to suspension line attaching loop to insure proper
attachment, position, and sequence.