ARMY TM 10-1670-278-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-26-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-27
USABLE ON CODE. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column heading.
Usable on codes are shown as "UOC"... 1 in the Description Column (justified left) on the first line applicable item
description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all
models. Identification of the usable on codes used in the RPSTL are:
FABRICATION INSTRUCTIONS. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk
Material Functional Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the description column
of the line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication instructions for items source coded
to be manufactured or fabricated are found in Chapter 2, Section VI of this manual.
ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTION. (Not Applicable)
INDEX NUMBERS. Items which have the work BULK in the figure column will have an index number shown
in the item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part Number
Index and the bulk material list in Section II.
C-6. How to Locate Repair Parts.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and
subassembly groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the
(3) Third. Identify the items on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
When National Stock Number of Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see 4.1(1)). The
part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see 4.b). Both indexes cross-
reference you to the illustration figure and Item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for, then
locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.