ARMY TM 10-1670-278-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-26-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-27
c. Damage Extending Into Radial Seam. Repair as follows:
(1) Mark vent line position and cut stitching of vent line attached to damaged radial seam and the stitching
of two vent lines on each side of damaged seam. Move lines to one side.
(2) Smooth canopy around damaged area.
(3) Cut a piece of 1-inch nylon webbing long enough to extend 1-inch beyond outside edge of second radial
seam on each side of damaged area. Wax ends of webbing (para 2-19).
(4) Center webbing over damaged area. Use a light duty sewing machine and size E, nylon thread to stitch.
Sew webbing in place with four continuous rows of stitching 118-inch from edge of tape, 7 to 11 stitches
per inch. Overstitch ends of webbing 2-inches (A, figure 2-38).
(5) Reposition vent lines and sew them in place according to original construction.