ARMY TM 10-1670-279-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-27-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-28
Deployment Bag Retainer Band Keeper Reinforcement.
This task covers:
Knife, Item 4, Appendix B
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
Knife, Hot Metal, Item 5, Appendix B
Sewing Machine, Medium Duty, Item 19,
Shears, Item 14, Appendix B
Cleaned, paragraph 2-12
Yardstick, Item 24, Appendix B
Inspected, paragraphs 2-9, 2-13
Laid out on work table
Thread, Nylon, Size FF, Item 28/29,
Group No. 02, MAC, Section II,
Webbing, Nylon, Type VIII, Item 37,
Repair. Stitch and restitch with size FF thread which matches the color of the original stitching,
when possible. Lock all straight stitching by backstitching at least 112 inch. Restitch by overstitching
each end of the stitch formation by 1/2 inch. Restitch directly over the original stitching, following the
original stitch pattern as closely as possible. Stitch according to para. 2-18 and table 2-3.
Replace. Replace a damaged retainer band keeper reinforcement by fabricating as follows
(1) Remove portion of retainer band keeper that is secured to inside of suspension line
stowage flap by cutting applicable stitching.
(2) Turn flap to locate flap outside facing up. Cut stitching securing edge binding tape over
end of applicable damaged reinforcement. Cut stitching to a point 2 inches beyond each
edge of reinforcement.
(3) Cut an 18-inch length of 1 23/32-inch wide, type VIII nylon webbing and sear ends in
accordance with para. 2-19.
(4) Position webbing length over damaged reinforcement on outside of suspension line stow-
age flap. Ensure one webbing end is alined with original reinforcement end at outer edge
of suspension line stowage panel.
(5) Fold loose edge binding back. Secure webbing length over original reinforcement by
stitching a box-stitch formation, 1/8 inch in from each edge, full length of webbing, using
a medium-duty sewing machine and size FF nylon thread. Stitching will be 7 to 11 stitches