ARMY TM 10-1670-279-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-27-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-28
2-52. Type IV Quick Release Link Assembly.
This task covers:
File, Item 3, Appendix B
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
Cloth, Abrasive, Item 3, Appendix D
Group No. 04, MAC, Section II, Appendix B
When a 60-foot, type X, 6-ply extraction line is damaged beyond repair or type
XXVI extraction line is required, the type XXVI 5-foot long adapter web will be
installed on the 22-foot extraction parachute. The complete parachute
assembly will then consist of a deployment bag, the canopy, and the adapter
web (type XXVI). At this time the assembly will be reidentified to NSN 1670-01-
063-3716 with a part number of 11-1-2584. The type X, 60-foot extraction
line, type X adapter web and type IV link will then no longer be components of
the 22-foot extraction parachute. The NSN for the type XXVI 5-foot long
adapter web is 1670-01-063-3691. The type X extraction line will not be used
with the type XXVI adapter web.
a. Inspect. Inspect quick release link assembly in accordance with paras. 2-9 and 2-13.
b. Service. Service quick release link assembly by cleaning in accordance with para. 2-12.
c. Repair. (Figure 2-72).
(1) Depress button, slide side link cover lock forward. Remove side link plate from sleeve pins.
(2) Remove sleeves from sleeve pins.
(3) Remove rough spots, burrs, and rust with abrasive cloth or a metal file.
(4) Use abrasive cloth to smooth sliding surface of link plate and sleeve pins.
(5) Install sleeves on sleeve pins.
(6) Install side link plate on sleeve pins.
(7) Depress button and slide side link cover lock into locked position. Release button.
d. Replace. Replace an unserviceable quick release link assembly with a serviceable item from stock.