TM 10-1670-280-23&P 0012 00
d. At line 41, count 40 more lines. Separate the lines from the canopy skirt to the connector link
e. While separating the lines, place all lines that pass over the top of the group over one forearm.
Grasp the four connector link assemblies that have lines 41 through 80 attached and pull the
connector link assemblies and the suspension risers through the remaining suspension lines. This
will give you three groups of 40 lines each.
3. Twists. Remove twists as follows:
a. A twist occurs when the suspension lines in one group become improperly crossed. To remove the
twists in the suspension lines, each group of ten suspension lines must be traced from the skirt of the
canopy to the connector links.
b. As the lines are being traced they must be threaded onto a nylon strap, such as an A-7A or 60-inch
shear strap. To trace the suspension lines and thread the connector link assemblies, three persons
shall be required to perform the following:
(1) One person grasps the suspension risers at a point just below the connector link assemblies and
holds the suspension lines taut.
(2) A second person, positioned at the canopy skirt, begins with line 1 and picks up the first line in
each line group.
(3) As each line is picked up, it will be held in such a manner as to allow the line to be visually traced
to the respective connector link assembly.
(4) After tracing the first line of each line group, the first person passes the respective connector link
assembly containing the line to another person who threads the nylon strap through the
connector link assembly.